Family Worship Guide: March 15, 2020
Christ The King Church!
As you know, because of COVID-19, and the health threat in our state we are not meeting as a large group this morning. In place of our regular gathering, we are providing a simple worship guide for you to engage with at home. My prayer is that this would be both helpful and informative providing opportunity for you to establish this practice as a regular rhythm for your life! To God be the glory!
• Confession of sin and thanksgiving to God for the friendship we enjoy with him in Jesus.
• A great affection for Jesus and enjoyment of the Word as we meet with Him this Sunday.
• The hearts of those in our church reading this same Word celebrating the same resurrection in and around our community today.
• Wisdom for our leadership at all levels (in our church, community, state, and country) and a quick resolution to the current health concern.
• Those in our community who are most vulnerable to illness. That they would remain well and without sickness while those who have been infected would experience quick recovery and the supernatural love and care of God through His Spirit and His people.
Reading: Mark 4:35-41
• 35 On that day, when evening had come, he said to them, “Let us go across to the other side.” 36 And leaving the crowd, they took him with them in the boat, just as he was. And other boats were with him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. 38 But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” 39 And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?” 41 And they were filled with great fear and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”
Questions to consider:
• What does this passage tell us about God?
• What does it tell us about people?
• What do I learn about relating with God?
• What do I learn about relating to others?
• What does God want readers to understand and think?
• What does God want me to believe?
• What does God want me to desire?
• What does God want me to do?
**After reading the passage together, think through these questions. Take notes…remember you retain 90% more of what you write down. (This is a totally made up statistic but for real it’s beneficial!) As you round out your time, spend some time in prayer in response to your reading and consideration/conversation.
**If you have children you should have received an email with Children’s material as well. If you did not connect with us at email@example.com and we will share that with you!
Church, thank you for being fluid and sacrificing meeting together today so that we can show love to our neighbors by limiting person to person contact and as a result limiting further infection. Thank you for your generosity in giving as well as your prayers. Stay connected with us on social media as we share with you plans for coming weeks as more information becomes available. If you find yourself ill, please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through social media so that we can discuss care, service, and shepherding for you! Know that I love you…and Jesus loves you!